Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Recovery Week

Sorry I got this up later than I originally stated! So last week was a recovery week, which means that I trained less hours than 2 weeks ago and next week. I also forgot my camera a lot.

Tuesday was a busy day for me, we had a workout in the morning, then Lance and I went swimming in a culvert on the side of the road. Yes, we were that desperate but it was totally worth it. Later in the day, Will picked Nate and I up and we head up to Lake Madawaska because Carl Soderburg (top 50 most influential people in Maine named by Maine Magazine) invited us up to his camp. After a workout on an old logging road, Carl took Nate and I tubing behind his boat.

  Nate takes a spill
(Photo Credit Welly Ramsay)
             
                                      
Standing up on the raft

                                      
I eventually got thrown off. 
Thank you Carl for the awesome evening!!

On the fourth of July, the town of Stockholm has a parade and I got to be in it! Russell Currier is a biathlete who skied and shot for team USA at the Olympics this past winter. It was decided the he should be the Grand Marshall of the parade and there should be a group of people rollerskiing behind him. The parade consisted of lots of interesting fire trucks from surround town, girl scouts, a band, politicians, and young marines. All in all it was sweet to be in a parade.

 Where they blocked off the road.

 Skiing to the front of the line

 All the skiers lined up waiting to start skiing

 The banner that was made for Stockholm's first Olympian


 A picture of all the people that skied with Russell

 After the parade most of the Maine Winter athletes went over to Will Sweetser's house for lunch and skeet shooting!
 Cake that Kam made. It was impressive

Bates Skier Nick Michaud 

 Will throwing a bird, but normally we used a device that flings it, kind of like the thing you use when throwing a tennis ball with a dog.


 Shooting my first shotgun! It was sweet

'Murica

On Saturday we went back to Stockholm for intervals, as it so happened it was raining quite a bit, but I still would rather have it be 55 and raining that 90 and sunny. Its probably just the skier in me.
 Work out briefing by Will

 Brendan, Lance and I after the ski. At that point it felt like I put ski boots on, walked into a lake, and just stood there for 2 hours while it rained. It was still a beneficial workout even though my boots took three days to dry. 
One last very important event that happen last week. While we were looking around in Marden's, I stumble upon a 3 pound bag of gummy bears. They weren't even the crappy kind of gummy bears that you buy at gas stations because you found a couple bucks in the seat. No, these were the high quality gummy bears that only high quality people have. And on that day I became a high quality person. Now, they were supposed to be for the 5 hour car ride to Sugarloaf the next week, but nope they got eaten in 5 days. Currently the bag is empty and I will be making back to Mardens and buy as many three pounds bags of gummy bears as my heart desires.

Best four dollars I ever spent.

This week I'm in Sugarloaf for a six day training camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment