Monday, September 8, 2014

I might become a lumberjack

Because everyone that will be living in get Gallagher house has moved in, the modivation to make improvements to the house has risen. We cleaned out the basement, moved the junk from the garage to outside the garage, and cut down a tree! We cut down the tree because it was dead and preventing the alive tree adjscent to it from growing. I found out from chopping up the tree that chainsaws are very fun and powerful. It's safe to say that I had a grand afternoon. (I was very safe and cautious because Austin told us a story about how he almost sawed off his foot last year.)


Dustin going at it

On Friday, Dustin and Nate had to go to Bangor, so Mitch, Austin and I went candlepin bowling! Candlepin bowling is just like regular bowling except the ball is the size of a grapefruit and the pins look like tall, thick candles.

 
Sunday was the last over distance workout of the year that we got to choose what we do. We choose to go mountain biking in Edmondston, New Brunswick. We have gone there before and the trails are world class, going back was a must. Dustin finally got Austin's bike fixed that I wrote about a month ago. 

On the way to Fort Kent, where we spent the night, we stopped at the MWSC farm house. Welly Ramsey has an extensive garden so we picked some veggies while he was away. While we were there I caught a mouse! We decided not to keep him because we already have 3 fish at home and having a mouse would be just too much responsibility. 


The trails are so great in Edmondston because of the extra things. Like little jumps and pipes they put instead of bridges!

The little kid in me still thrives so naturally I decided to ride through a big puddle as fast as I could. Needless to say, I was not disappointed.


 Austin at a senic view
An interesting tree on the side of the trail
 It easily the best mountain bike ride I've ever gone on, injury free, bike injury free and no Rio incidents!

This week is testing week. We do lots of the same test that my very first blog post was about plus a 3k time trial up Mars Hill and a 15k skate rollerski time trial. These tests will determine how training has gone this summer and what my weakness' are! Check back on Monday for a report on my pain filled week!



























No comments:

Post a Comment